Q. Am I on the right dose of Levothyroxine?

Answered by Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim.

Do you have a question on Hypothyroidism or Levothyroxine? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 35-year-old female and I have a history of Grave's disease, treated with radioactive iodine 15 years ago and have been on Levothyroxine ever since. I have symptoms of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism and my medication has been increased several times in the past due to high TSH. I am having headaches in my temples, Raynaud's, chin acne and chin hair growth. I have elevated BUN, creatinine ratio of 23 and a history of slightly elevated AST. There are joint pains and Raynaud's with swelling ankles, red joints at rest, some finger swelling and dizziness on standing, possibly hypertensive and speeding sensation.

I have burning pressure behind my eyes and sensitivity to daylight. My last TSH was elevated with low free T3 and borderline high free T4. What could possibly be the cause that I should talk to my doctor about?