Q. I am on Levothyroxine but still have hair loss, and weight gain. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Levothyroxine or Constipation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 10 years ago. I have been on Levothyroxine, and current dose is 125 mcg. During that time I have been hospitalized four times because of heart palpitations. Even though I am on medicine I still have coarse hair, hair loss, weight gain, puffy face, hoarse voice, and constipation. I was wondering if I should switch to a different thyroid medicine? The other medicines that I take are Welbutrin 150 mg, Cymbalta 90 mg, Probiotic, stool softener, and Vitamin B12.