Q. Can tablet Thyronorm bring thyroid hormone levels back to normal?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am sharing my reports of TSH and sugar levels with you. The reports were normal four months back. But after four months, the reports shows elevated TSH and blood sugar level. Now I am having tablet Thyronorm, will it be normal again?

Can it be due to Covid? But I did not have any symptoms of COVID-19.

#

I have read your concern in detail and will surely help you out. Your sugar levels are normal. So no need to worry about that. But your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is high indicating you have developed hypothyroidism. It can be well controlled with tablet Thyronorm (Thyroxine Sodium). Initially, you should start with tablet Thyronorm 25 mcg. Take this medicine for three months, and your TSH will be back to normal. A further requirement of medication will depend on your reports.

You need to get a thyroid test every three months.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|