Q. What dose of Thyronorm can control my current TSH level of 13. 3?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Published on Mar 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have hypothyroidism and my current TSH is 13.3. I am regularly taking Thyronorm 50 mcg one tablet daily morning before food. Kindly let me know what should be the dose to control the level now. My cholesterol levels are a bit high too.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypothyroidism and dyslipidemia. I suggest that you take tablet Thyronorm (Thyroxine sodium) 75 mcg once daily. Repeat your thyroid function test after three months and then we will review again.

Take tablet Simvastatin 20 mg at bedtime for high cholesterol. Repeat your lipid profile after six months. Take a low-fat diet. Drink eight to ten glasses of water in view of high uric acid. Take a low protein diet for the same.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

Do you mean that I should take Thyronorm 75 mcg once before food early morning daily for three months? Or should I change the dose after a few days?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

You have to continue the 75 mcg dose till further thyroid function test results for entire three months and then we will review again as to whether to continue the same dose or any increase or decrease is needed at that time, accordingly.

| 

Should hypothyroidism medicine be given for TSH level 8.12?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 75 years has TSH 8.12. She has adrenalism and takes Hisone 12 mg daily. Should she be administered medicine for hypothyroidism?  Read Full »

Please help me with the diet to reduce pitta dosha.

Query: Hello doctor, I take Thyronorm 50 daily. TSH is at 4 but free T3 is low, at 4.0, causing lethargy. I was recommended TFN-34 but last two months they have not helped. Any alternative to TFN-34 and how to increase energy levels? Also, my prakruti is Kapha-Pitta and in the afternoon I get a severe hea...  Read Full »

I am suffering from hypothyroidism and taking eltroxin and thyronorm. But cholesterol is raising. What to do?

Query: Hello, I am suffering from hypothyroidism and taking eltroxin and thyronorm. But cholesterol level is raising. What to do? Age - 46 years, female. Height-160cm. Weight - 58kg  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now