Q. I have hypothyroidism. Which diet plan is suitable? Is there any complication?

Dr. Divakara P

My age is 28 and actually, I am suffering from hypothyroidism and my latest TSH is 11. I take Thyronorm 125 mcg daily empty stomach. Please suggest a proper diet plan along with the complications at this level. Once, My TSH had risen to 150, I am not gaining extra weight anymore. Please guide me.

#

Thanks for posting your query. Diet for hypothyroidism is to avoid cabbage, cauliflower, and spinach. Otherwise nothing extra diet is needed. Complications do not happen at any particular level. It happens if the TSH is high for years. Complications are heart problems, slowness in action, high cholesterol and in severe cases coma. I recommend you to increase the dose to 150 mcg and repeat TSH after two months.

|