Q. Which medicine and what dosage should I take to maintain my TSH?

Dr. Rajesh Jain

I am a 63-year-old male. I had been taking Thyronorm 100 mcg for three months. My level of TSH was 0.02 mIU/L. Then I changed my medication to Thyronorm 50 mcg. My current medication is tablet Gluconorm-G 1, two tablets daily. Currently, my TSH level is 2.86 mIU/L. Kindly suggest me the correct medicine and dosage to maintain TSH level.

#

I suggest you to reduce the dose of tablet Thyronorm (Thyroxine) to 75 mcg. Take 25 gms of coriander leaves juice daily in the morning on empty stomach. Do relaxation exercises, and go for walks regularly.

Thank you doctor for the reply.

After taking Thyronorm 75 mcg. The TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) value was 6.378 about a month ago. Please suggest if I should change the tablet. Can I go with Tablet Thyronorm 150 mcg for three months? Regards.

#

I suggest you to increase the dose of tablet Thyronorm to 100 mcg daily. The dosage of 150 mcg is not needed.

Thank you for the reply.

But will the the value come down with in three months?

#

It will be reduced within few weeks.

Thank you for the reply.

I will give you feedback in due time. Today I have checked my TSH, it is 0.11 mlU/ML I want to know if I should continue now with 100 mcg of Thyronorm tablet? Also, I want to know what are the adverse effects of increased levels of TSH?

#

I suggest you to reduce the dose to 87.5 mcg per day. Take 25 gms of coriander leaves juice daily in the morning on empty stomach regularly. Do yoga, pranayama, and go for walks regularly. Also include dates, beetroot, bananas, green leafy vagetables in your diet.

Thank you for the reply.

I will definitely follow the routine suggested by you. However, I want to know for information that what are the adverse effects of increased / decreased levels of TSH? Regards

#

Altered levels of TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) can lead to multiple health issues. Its increase causes lowered levels of T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine). It causes a sluggish metabolism. Decrease in TSH also causes thyrotoxicosis.

|