Q. An i-pill was taken after an unprotected sex. Can she still get pregnant?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend who is 30 years old and I ejaculated inside her. The next day she took Unwanted 72 but until now she has not got her periods and not even bleeding. Her period cycle starts after 20 days. She is having cough, cold, body ache, and vomiting. Is she pregnant? We are very much worried.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

As you had the i-pill, the chances of pregnancy are not there in your case.

• I suggest you get your home urine pregnancy test. If it is negative, you need to wait and watch for your menses.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Actually, she had Unwanted 72 and I read on the internet that you can wait for a minimum of 10 days for delayed periods. We are very scared. How long should I wait to confirm whether she is pregnant or not?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• You can wait for 15 days and you can go for beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) testing to rule out pregnancy which is a confirmatory test.

|