Q. What could be the reason for my acidity and chest heaviness?

Answered by
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

9 years before, I delivered my first baby. Since after delivery, I have suffered from breathing problem. Only when I release the gas or pass motion, I use to feel relieved. I underwent all the tests and everything was normal. It lasted for 2 years and then subsided. My diet was completely bland without spices and oil. Around, 1.5 years ago, I delivered my third baby. Since then, I have severe acidity, heaviness in chest, uneasiness near the heart and pressure in the neck. The problem present all day and I feel fine once I release the gas or pass motion. I have tried all acidity tablets, but in vain. I am only taking vegetarian food, plain gravy and rice. I cannot eat any other food as it makes my condition worse. ECG, echo, TMT, endoscopy, 24 hours monitoring test and x-ray has been done and everything was normal. But, my problems getting worse day by day. I have even tried herbal treatment, but no use. I am damn upset because of my health.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • Your symptoms are related to a gastric problem. Try to avoid herbal medication as some of them are irritating to stomach and worsen the acidity.
  • Your symptoms and normal investigations suggest the possibility of IBS (irritable bowel disease) or indigestion from decreased acid production from stomach.
  • IBS is a physiological condition in which digestion will be affected due to lack of proper intestinal digestive enzymes from many reasons. This condition cannot be detected in CT scan or endoscopy.
  • Helicobacter pylori infection in the stomach produces gastritis and indigestion due to less production of acid in the stomach. You should do RUT test (rapid urease test) on a punch biopsy tissue of stomach taken during endoscopy.
  • This infection is not serious and it requires proper antibiotic therapy. Along with that, you can take intestinal digestive enzyme supplementation to improve your symptoms.

The Probable causes:

Helicobacter pylori infection.

Investigations to be done:

RUT test.

Differential diagnosis:


Probable diagnosis:

Antral gastritis.

Treatment plan:

Treatment for acidity, H.pylori infection and indigestion.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back with the reports to a medical gastroenterologist.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I am having acidity with headache. Please advise.

Hello doctor,I am having an acidity problem ... Your age, job, daily life and dietary habit, acidity increases after or before the meal, more details about the stomach problem, bowel habit ...   Read full

What could be the reason for my acidity and chest heaviness?

Since then, I have severe acidity, heaviness in chest, uneasiness near the heart and pressure in the neck ...   Read full

I am suffering from acidity and uneasiness when I take spicy food. Please help.

Hi doctor, My baby is 2 months old. He is suffering from omphalitis, which appeared after 24 hours of birth. He had artificial respiration thrice. He was in the ICU for one month. Also, he had a kidney function disorder and blood breaks. He went thro...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Sporting Events During the Pandemic
If you are into any sporting event and plan a trip to an outdoor or indoor stadium, or you are an organizer or an athlet...  Read more»
Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?
Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.