Q. Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted. Is it better to remove?

Answered by Dr. Prerna Jain and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Impacted Tooth or Sensitive Teeth? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted.  Is it better to remove?

I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my insurance will be fully funded again next year. Make a trip to a neighboring country and have it treated there, as it is much lower cost compared to my country. However, the facilities are not as advanced. I have 4 cavities on the left side and some of them are quite visible. Is this a problem that I can wait for treatment or it is better to take care of it now? Also, the dentist noted that still two of my wisdom teeth not erupted yet and he mentioned it as impacted. I am 40 years old. Is it better to remove these teeth next year or monitor and wait till they cause problems? I hear it will be complicated to remove wisdom teeth after 40. So, I would like to get an opinion from you. Thank you.