Q. How can I confirm that whether my spotting is implantation bleeding or periods?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Implantation Bleeding or Periods? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 30 years old and married for 2.4 years. Now we are planning for a child. On 14th of this month, I experienced periods with very little stomach pain and pain in legs. The next day on 15th there was no bleeding at all, 16th I had spotting of light red colored blood flow, 17th the same thing happened and then the flow stopped. Again on 23rd night I had bleeding light red coloured blood flow, on 24th no bleeding at all, 25th I had fresh pink colored spotting. Then 26th pinkish brownish spotting occurred, 27th morning I did pregnancy test by urine, it came negative, and at 8 AM had brownish spotting, 28th had brownish spotting too. Please help me to know whether it is implantation bleeding or anything else.