Q. Can implantation take place after 14 days of conception?

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Is it possible for implantation to take place after 14 days of conception? I had flow on the exact date of my period for three days, but it was lighter. I used three sanitary pads. But next month I missed my period. I do not have any pregnancy symptoms. My TSH is 10.5. Kindly help.

#

Usually, it would take seven to ten days before implantation happens. The fertilized egg (conception day) will have to develop first into blastocyst stage and travel down to implantation site. The actual duration cannot be exact, but it may extend to two to four days more. So the answer is yes, it is possible that the implantation may happen 14 days after conception.

In your case, it may not automatically mean implantation since you also have elevated TSH which can mess up with your hormones. I suggest you take a pregnancy test and if it is negative, then the period delay is just secondary to thyroid hormones.

|