Q. I have not brushed as regularly as you should. How to stop tooth from hurting?

Dr. Purva Jingar
Published on Feb 13, 2018

I am 18 years old and due to many personal reasons, I have not brushed my teeth regularly as you should, I might have brushed 10 times in the last two years. I cannot see a dentist due to my situation but I want to change my life now that I am older. My top left molar hurts a little when I apply pressure, and same with a few others, I am going to start brushing three times a day but is there any way I can stop my tooth pain? There are no visible holes or anything, and no food stuck in or near them, my gums bleed a bit when I brush. So, I know something is wrong with them, but I need help. Please do not judge me.

#

We will not judge. It is alright. You can still have your teeth in good condition but you have to keep brushing twice every day. Just follow this.

1. Take Amoxicillin or Augmentin 500 mg tablet twice a day after meal for three days.
  2. Take one multivitamin tablet every day after meal for seven days.
  3. If it pains, take Ibuprofen but not every time.
  4. Use soft bristled toothbrush.
  5. Maintain oral hygiene properly and use mouthwash after brushing twice a day.
  6. Brush in the morning while you wake up.
  7. Brush at night just before sleep and do not eat anything after that.
  8. Use dental floss to clean between teeth.
  9. Eat healthy and non-sticky food.
  10. When your teeth stop bleeding then use medium bristled toothbrush.
  11. Visit a dentist and ask for cleaning teeth to get everything better.

Wish you good health and happiness. Keep me updated with the improvements.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Is it normal to feel sensitivity in the tooth next to extracted tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, Last month, I got my upper left wisdom tooth removed. I feel the tooth next to extracted tooth is sensitive to pressure while biting and cold. Is it normal? The extraction was straight forward, but the root was crooked. So, there was some little difficulty in extraction.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding the dental health. Sensitivity to cold and bite is a very common dental problem because of exposure of dentin caused by gum disease or tooth wear. We can confirm the diagnosis of sensitivity only by doing tests. So, consult your nea...  Read Full

By What Age Toddlers Should Start Brushing Teeth On Their Own?

Article Overview: Brushing helps to maintain the normal oral flora. If we encourage our kids at younger age to brush their teeth twice daily, it will become a good habit and it will also help to prevent tooth decay. Read Article

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Pedodontist

You can give your children a baby-sized toothbrush when they are around one year old, thus encouraging the children to use the brush themself. Although the child may initially play with the toothbrush rather than brushing their teeth, it will ensure a good habit in them. Afterwards, you ...  Read Article

Can calcium hydroxide cause toothache while root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot wate...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question I can understand your concern. The pain may be because of post RCT infection or because of the accessory canal in the root that becomes sometimes difficult to manage. In case it in infection you need to take antibiotics and that will he...  Read Full