Q. Is it normal to feel sensitivity in the tooth next to extracted tooth?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

Last month, I got my upper left wisdom tooth removed. I feel the tooth next to extracted tooth is sensitive to pressure while biting and cold. Is it normal? The extraction was straight forward, but the root was crooked. So, there was some little difficulty in extraction.

#

I can understand your concern regarding the dental health.

• Sensitivity to cold and bite is a very common dental problem because of exposure of dentin caused by gum disease or tooth wear.
  • We can confirm the diagnosis of sensitivity only by doing tests. So, consult your nearby dentist for the same.
  • Avoid forceful brushing. Use soft brush and Sensodyne toothpaste for relief in sensitivity.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|