Q. I feel hard to sleep at night. Can you help me?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I am having trouble with sleeping at night. I feel exhausted all day. I do not understand the reason. Can you help me?

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• Disturbed sleep at night can be due to many reasons. If you are having any kind of mental stress or anxiety, then it can cause disturbed sleep at night.
  • If stress or anxiety is the problem, then you need to relax and avoid stressful conditions.
  • For other problems you need to get a sleep study or polysomnography done to know the cause of sleep disorder. Also check your thyroid profile test.
  • I would suggest you to do meditation, avoid stress and stay relaxed. Consult a physician with a detailed history and a physical examination will be required to make a diagnosis.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for lack of sleep and weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 60 years old. She recently got her tests done. She is not able to sleep properly. She is unable to regain her sleep if she wakes up during the night. Can you please go through the reports and let me know what the actual problem is? I am attaching a copy of the test resul...  Read Full »

I am developing withdrawal symptoms of Paroxetine. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male, and I am a doctor. From the past year, I have been suffering from delayed onset sleep disorder, I sleep at 4 AM and wake up after noon. I saw a psychiatrist, and he put me on Melatonin, Modafinil, and Zolfresh. But I am still unable to sleep at the desired time, a...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»