Q. My daughter finds it difficult to fall asleep. Why?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
This is a premium question & answer published on May 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 6 year old girl is showing unusual behavior from the last few weeks. She has a problem in sleeping. She says that she could not sleep. Sometimes, she wakes up after 2 hours of sleep and starts crying. It will last for at least 2 hours, and then she again goes to sleep. She says her throat is dry and takes water again and again. Also, she snores. What is the reason?

#

I understand that you along with your child are going through tough time.

• The weight of your child is a little bit more than expected for that age. Encourage her to play outdoor games and do regular exercises.
  • Snoring could be due to nose block or adenoids or overweight.
  • If the problem is persistent, please consult a sleep disorder specialist for further evaluation and treatment. Take care of your child.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|