Incision And Drainage

My wife has swelling and pain on her toe. Does she require surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has swelling and pain on her toe (pictures attached). Sometimes, blood and pus also secrete from it. Can you please suggest what we should do? Can this be healed through medicine? Please advise the medicine we should use. Does she require any surgery? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Does she have any comorbidities like diabetes? Does she have a fever too? It looks like a condition called paronychia or periungual abscess, an infection of the nail fold and bed. It needs the f...  Read Full »

Injection spot is hard and swollen. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor,I took an injection some months ago. Four days ago, I found out that the spot I took the injection is hard and swollen and am feeling pain at the spot. What can we do about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you mentioned, it is most likely an abscess. Treatment includes antibiotic plus drainage if size is large. Can you estimate the size? Is it red? Is there any pus oozing from it? Can you provide me with some photos in order to confirm the diagnosis and...  Read Full »