Incision And Drainage

What is the possibility of pilonidal sinus recurrence even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pilonidal sinus. I had two surgeries one with the endoscopic method and the second one six months before by incision and drainage method. After recovering from this, I had a small pimple on the wound. Doctor said it is normal and it is because of surgery. But now I am having re...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I will help you with your problem. As you said, you underwent surgery for pilonidal sinus two times and now you have one boil at the same site. As I can see in the image (attachment removed toprotect patient identity) it can be boil or recurrence of pi...  Read Full »

Should I still continue Oxidil injection or Augmentin for injection abscess?

Query: Hello doctor, A doctor gives an injection to my mother. After 45 days that starts to pain with swelling and red area of about 7 inches. I checked again. He asked to take Oxidil IV injection. After six Oxidil injections, the pus comes out and the red area decreases. Now pus does not come and we are...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the problem your mother is facing. According to the history you have provided I believe she has developed injection site abscess though it is not uncommon in elderly people it can happen. Your doctor has started her on a single antibiotic injection Oxi...  Read Full »

Is it dangerous to feed the baby with some pus after I had I and D for breast abscess?

Query: Hello doctor, Before two weeks, I have undergone I and D for breast abscess, from that day I have stopped feeding my baby. On 21st of March doctor checked and said no need of dressing and there is a small lump still present keep warm compress it will go and told me not to feed the baby. I am keepin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. A single episode of a small amount of pus exudation may occur. Ideally, you should have pumped away the first set of milk and then started feeding. But please do not get distressed now. Keep breastfeeding your baby keeping following things in mind. ...  Read Full »

My wife has swelling and pain on her toe. Does she require surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has swelling and pain on her toe (pictures attached). Sometimes, blood and pus also secrete from it. Can you please suggest what we should do? Can this be healed through medicine? Please advise the medicine we should use. Does she require any surgery? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Does she have any comorbidities like diabetes? Does she have a fever too? It looks like a condition called paronychia or periungual abscess, an infection of the nail fold and bed. It needs the f...  Read Full »

Injection spot is hard and swollen. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor,I took an injection some months ago. Four days ago, I found out that the spot I took the injection is hard and swollen and am feeling pain at the spot. What can we do about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you mentioned, it is most likely an abscess. Treatment includes antibiotic plus drainage if size is large. Can you estimate the size? Is it red? Is there any pus oozing from it? Can you provide me with some photos in order to confirm the diagnosis and...  Read Full »