Q. Injection spot is hard and swollen. What can be done?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

I took an injection some months ago. Four days ago, I found out that the spot I took the injection is hard and swollen and am feeling pain at the spot. What can we do about it?

#

From what you mentioned, it is most likely an abscess. Treatment includes antibiotic plus drainage if size is large.

1. Can you estimate the size?
  2. Is it red?
  3. Is there any pus oozing from it?
  4. Can you provide me with some photos in order to confirm the diagnosis and identify the stage?

I suggest:

1. Augmentin 1 g twice per day for one week.
  2. Ibuprofen 400 mg tablet as a painkiller.
  3. Incision and drainage may be required.
  4. Follow up is required.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|