Q. I feel incomplete bladder emptying and urge to pee. Why?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I am 42 years old, and I had a bacterial infection. I took anti-bacterial and anti-fungus medication. Now, I have a burning sensation while going pee and I feel like I have an unemptied bladder. I have an urge to pee. I also have a feeling of having leakage. I am taking the following medication for other causes such as Zyloric, Aspirin, Zantac, Coversyl, and Hypothyroid. Please suggest.

#

You are suffering from recurrent urinary tract infection. Please explain about the bacterial infection you had and about the medication taken. Please explain the reason for taking Aspirin.

It was like a yeast infection. I took Terconazole and Fluconazole. I do not have a heart problem. I have high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high levels of uric acid.

#

It is fine.

Before, it was a Yeast Infection. Now it is something different. I guess it as UTI.

#

Do all the investigations specifically, urine culture and sensitivity test. Then we can decide the antibiotics which can be useful for you.

What is the best antibiotic taken for this condition?

#

For the management of UTI (urinary tract infections), it requires broad-spectrum antibiotics. Take tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg once a day for 14 days. Take tablet Urispas 200 mg (Flavoxate) twice a day for five days.

|