I have attached the laboratory report of my husband. Currently, he is not on any medication. His uric acid is high as per the report. Please examine the reports and let me know if any supplement required. Thanks.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.
I will comment thoroughly on the laboratory results (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which are deranged ones and that is more than only uric acid or iron.
1. He has deranged high lipid profile and uric acid is also high. For the best of his health he needs to go for a regular physical activity and jogging. If unable to do outside, better to join the gym and keep it in routine. It will help him lower the numbers.
2. He also has to refrain from fatty and high protein meals. No proteins from animal source and no fats. This lifestyle modification can ensure better results for him.
3. For iron, he definitely needs to take green leafy vegetables like spinach, fruits such as avocado and kiwi. Along with this he needs to have salmon, skimmed milk, and an Iron supplement tablet like Fer-In-Sol.
4. He needs to keep away from any illicit drugs, smoking and alcohol. His liver enzymes are also out of range and needs strict control as said.
5. Spend 20 minutes in direct sunlight and remember to wear sunglasses and apply sunscreen lotion to avoid skin damages. It is better to take vitamin D normal.
6. He needs to lose weight and keep a balanced body shape. He is going towards prediabetes I am afraid. So, please ask him to reduce weight and keep the BMI (body mass index) below 24.9. Right now he has 31.88 and that is too much.
Six to eight weeks after starting all that I have mentioned above go for another blood work and revert back.
1. Fasting blood sugar levels and HbA1c levels.
2. Fasting lipid profile.
3. Vitamin D levels.
4. Free T3 levels.
5. Free T4 levels.
6. Serum iron studies.
Revert back with the investigation report after six to eight weeks for a follow up to a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
But it seems like my weight plateaued ... So for now, I am frustrated and worried why am I not losing weight ... Read fullMy mom met with two major falls. Is that due to Achilles tendon weakness?
.. gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee... Read fullIs there a permanent remedy to get rid of psoriasis?
Hello doctor, Yesterday, I had three wisdom teeth removal and a bit of other work. My right side feels completely pain-free but the bottom left is hurting so bad. Pain comes and goes and I am absolutely terrified of dry socket but when I try to have ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a General Medicine Physician Now