I would like to know a few details of the tablets which I have been taking for my scalp psoriasis.
- Winolap 5mg once in a while when itching is too high (without doctor's prescription).
- Isotretinoin drugs/other drugs (with doctor's prescription).
I have been taking these medicines on a regular basis and were very effective. But only till I take them. If I stop the medication, I have to visit my doctor again and start medications again to get some relief from itching in scalp. I want to know if these medicines will cause harm/side-effects in future? Can these be taken continuously?Related Questions:
• Is Isotretinoin a good tablet for acne?
• After starting Isotretinoin, my facial hair has increased. What to do?
• Can you suggest treatment for facial dryness and itchy scalp?
Thanks for answering my query.
I am 24 years old. I am sufferring from poriasis since the last 3 years. However, I feel good with the dosage of the medicines which means I am reactive to these tablets. And my itching is limited only to scalp and other parts of the body are fine. I believe my doctor prescribed isotretinoin drugs as I had complained of too much of oil in my face and too much of pimples (acne). Now coming to your questions:1) As I have mentioned above, I am sufferring from scalp psoriasis since 3 years.
2) I take Winolap 5mg whenever I feel itching is high. Otherwise I take the medicines which my doctor prescribed, Isoacne 20 (which I believe is isotretinoin, twice a week), Immunorm, LZ 5.
3) I have been taking several medicines in the last 3 years and above mentioned are those I have been taking for the last 2 months.
4) I have been taking several medicines in the last 3 years and above mentioned are those I am taking now.
5) The side-effects I feel I am having now and was not having before taking these drugs are, headaches at times, loss of hair and dry lips.
6) I get a good relief until I stop/the prescribed quota gets over. Then again I get the same problem. I have to visit the doctor, get some more medicines for relief.
7) I do not actually find any lesions on the body, it is just on the scalp but at times I suffer from slight itching in the body. Doctor, please do answer my questions:1) Is there a permanent remedy to get rid of psoriasis?
2) Since I am not aware of the other side-effects, should I take blood tests to find if I have increased levels of cholesterol, diabetes and platelet count decrease?
3) Does taking winolap 5mg pose any side-effects as that is the only medicine that comes to help in case of severe itching?