Q. Is there a permanent remedy to get rid of psoriasis?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Rathee and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Psoriasis or Isotretinoin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is there a permanent remedy to get rid of psoriasis?

I would like to know a few details of the tablets which I have been taking for my scalp psoriasis.

• Winolap 5mg once in a while when itching is too high (without doctor's prescription).
  • Isotretinoin drugs/other drugs (with doctor's prescription).

I have been taking these medicines on a regular basis and were very effective. But only till I take them. If I stop the medication, I have to visit my doctor again and start medications again to get some relief from itching in scalp. I want to know if these medicines will cause harm/side-effects in future? Can these be taken continuously?