Inflammation Of Testis

Inflammation of testis, otherwise called orchitis, usually results from an infection. Both viral and bacterial infection can cause inflammation of one or both testicles. The symptoms are testicles appear swollen, red, and tender, blood in semen, nausea, vomiting, fever, pain on peeing, and groin pain.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Having a lump on the posterior side of the testis. Can you suggest any treatments?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had testicle and lower abdominal pain from couple of weeks, but I did not have burning sensation on urinating. So, I started taking antibiotic Azithromycin and analgesics Ibuprofen. Now my pain has almost subsided, but I have developed a lump on the posterior...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are suffering from epididymo-orchitis, which is a condition characterized by inflammation of the testis leading to testicular pain and epididymis (a structure behind test...  Read Full »

I have pain before and after ejaculation. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain before and after ejaculation. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Such pain can be due to inflammation of seminal vesicles or the prostate. This will require about one month of treatment. I suggest you get a urine routine and sonography of KUB (the kidneys, ureters, and urinary bladder) done. I suggest you take a tablet of Ofloxaci...  Read Full »

Will different testicle sizes affect the visa medical test?

Query: Hi doctor, I was attacked by mumps around three years back and now my testicle sizes are different. So, I wanted to know about the treatment. Will I get rejected in visa medical test? I am a petroleum engineer. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar M.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I had gone through all the details posted. The difference in size of the testicles is mainly because of two reasons, orchitis and hydrocele. Orchitis is inflammation of the testicles, which has happened three years back due to mumps. There will be redness, pain and ...  Read Full »

Why has my right testicle swollen to the size of a tennis ball?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55-year-old male with a weight of 185 kilograms and a height of six feet. Last night, my right testicle got swollen to a size of a tennis ball. I have soreness while touching. What to do?   Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Painful swelling in the scrotum is caused due to epididymal-orchitis. There is inflammation of the testis and epididymis. It causes pain and swelling. It is caused due to sexually transmitted infections or urinary obstructions like enlargement of the prostate or strictu...  Read Full »

I am on medications for recurrent right testicular infection, and I recently noticed right testicular enlargement with pain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male weighing 80 kg. I have a recurring infection in my right testicle that has been cleared twice with antibiotics. The first time was a course of Ofloxacin for seven days which relieved, but there was a dull and constant pain. And it came back after two weeks. I then ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for consulting with us on This seems to be prostatitis. I will suggest a few medications, and during the course, frequent ejaculation is advised thrice weekly. Please do not engage in any sexual activities during the treatment. I suggest you to t...  Read Full »

I experience itching and inflammation on the skin of my penis and testicles. Please suggest something.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had inflammation and itching on the skin of my penis and testicles for one week. The skin is warm, and I can see pus discharge. I have not seen any improvement even after applying the vitamin A and D ointment. My current medications include over-the-counter drugs and pain reliev...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhin Varghese

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I would like to know if you have other health issues or are on any medication.  Read Full »

Can masturbation be the cause for my left testicular discomfort for the past five to six years?

Query: Hi doctor, I have felt a little discomfort on my left testicle for about five to six years now. It is not a pain, more of a discomfort. Three years ago, I did an ultrasound on it, and everything was normal. This discomfort comes and goes. Usually, it goes off for about five to six months, and then ...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I hope you have done an ultrasound with color Doppler and ruled out varicocele. It could be because of mild inflammation in the testis, which sometimes got aggravated while touching it. Try to wear scrotal support most of the time, especially when you are in an uprig...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my groin and abdomen while playing football?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing acute pain in my groin and lower abdomen while playing football. This pain started around four months back, as a result, I had to stop playing. Thus the pain was not there since last two weeks and it started today after I played football again. The pain does not g...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O' Kennedy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Sorry to hear about your sports-induced groin pain. The most common cause of pain in the groin in males of your age and habitus is muscle, ligament or tendon strain resulting from the particular activity. This is not a serious problem and can usually be effectively treate...  Read Full »

Can Suboxone cause bloody bowel movements and testis pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35-year-old male. I have been taking Suboxone for about ten years daily never really missed a day taking the medication. I have been feeling weak, tired, helpless, been given up on things lately. I just lost my will or drove to do anything. These are a few questions but im not sur...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You have gone through hard times for quite a while, and so it is no wonder that you are emotionally and physically exhausted. I can assure you that there are doctors all over the place who also treat under-insured patients. Your symptoms can be due to the following ...  Read Full »

Why do I have trouble walking and feel extreme tightness in my lower abdomen or pelvis after masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old male, and I am at the end of the line with chronic pain. Over the last approximately 12 to 14 months, I have increasingly quite high levels of pain and aching after masturbation or sex. Originally it started in my testicles, just feeling an ache, especially if it was...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for consulting. Inflammation of testis or orchalgia is one of the most painful conditions. This inflammation can be chronic and difficult to treat. The ultrasound showed inflammation, and I believe we should act on it. I know masturbating is painful, but we bett...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.