Q. Having a lump on the posterior side of the testis. Can you suggest any treatments?

I am a 35 year old male. I had testicle and lower abdominal pain from couple of weeks, but I did not have burning sensation on urinating. So, I started taking antibiotic (Azithromycin) and analgesics (Ibuprofen). Now my pain has almost subsided, but I have developed a lump on the posterior side of the testis. The size of the lump reduced in the last couple of days, but I still have a slight stinging pain sometimes. Please help me treat this.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• From the available description, it appears that you are suffering from epididymo-orchitis, which is a condition characterized by inflammation of the testis (leading to testicular pain) and epididymis (a structure behind testis).
  • Depending on the cause of the problem, it can persist for months. Since you responded with Azithromycin, there is a possibility that you have the problem from a bacteria. I mean to say that, in the next one to two weeks there must be further improvement.
  • In the meantime, support your testis by using cloth which elevates the testis to a significant height. Avoid any type of stress, and ignore the minor symptoms as it may take some more time to go away.

I hope this helps you. If you have more questions, feel free to write back.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

|