Q. My testis hurts after sex and getting bowel movements with blood. Is it a side effect of Suboxone?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

Hi im a 35 year old male i been taking Suboxone for about 10 years daily never really missed a day taking the med. i been feeling weak, tired , helpless, been given up on things latey. Just lost my will or drive to do anything. This is a few ?s but im not sure what too do. I would call myself a lil more that Average looking so I don’t understand why am so down. I have sex reg and this is what gets me.

After sex my Testicles well up and they hurt. And this is all true so dont think im makin it up but when i make a bowel Movement i noticed a lil blood in it. Thats scary its self. I do not have insurance. somebody please help me appointment into the right direction because I feel like giving up on everything I’m getting off of Suboxone is one of the hardest thing I’ve ever done and I want nothing more than to be clean and to be happy because I feel like Suboxone is taking my life away I am so ready to get on the right page and be in the right direction I just need somebody to help me i have a 15 year old who really needs her dad and this is from my heart pleasee

#

I’m very sorry to learn about your difficult situation. You have gone through hard times for quite a while, and so it’s no wonder that you’re emotionally and physically exhausted. Knowing the States well, I am fully aware that you will not that kind of comprehensive help that you would need right now. However, at the same time I can assure you that there are doctors all over the place who also treat under-insured patients.

I kindly ask you to see such a colleague in person. You will be able to find one, even if you have to ask a welfare organization for a list with physicians who help. You need a complete check-up, physically and mentally and most likely also a NON-HABIT FORMING anti-depressant. If you could find a free counselor on top of that you would feel much better very soon. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any further advice. Good luck, and get well soon!

Psychophysical exhaustion.

/for the doctor’s eyes only/

Post-addiction syndrome
Psychophysical exhaustion
Dysregulated body functions
Psychosomatic reactions

Complete check-up by a GP and/or gastroenterologist and by a urologist.
Counseling

Strict routines (eating healthy, enough sleep etc.)

Any time.

| 

Opioid Addiction and Abuse

Article Overview: Opioids have been used as pain relief medication for the past several centuries. But, in today’s age, apart from its medicinal use, they are also being taken recreationally, leading to rampant abuse and the growing menace of opioid addiction. This has severe implications on physical as well as psychological (mental) health. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Opioids are the derivatives of the plant Papaver somniferum, commonly known as the poppy husk. They are medically used as analgesics to relieve moderate to severe pain. They Are Classified As Natural opioids: those which occur naturally such as Codeine, and Thebaine. Semisynthetic opioids: th...  Read Article

Please suggest Siddha medicine for testicular pain and low sperm count.

Query: Hello doctor, I have testicle pain on both sides (more pain felt on the right side). Sperm count is also low. What to do?  Read Full »

What could be the painful swelling on the scrotum with discomfort?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have swelling in my right scrotum for two days which was painful on the first day but not painful now. But it is causing me discomfort.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now