Q. How to manage high fever, body pain and headache?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2020

I am a 23 year old female. Since yesterday, I have been suffering from high fever, body ache and headache. Fever dropped to 102 degree Fahrenheit in the evening. I had Crocin. Later, the temperature hit 104 degree Fahrenheit. I got shivers and vomited once. Still the temperature is same. Should I need cold water treatment or hospitalization?

#

• Your symptoms that you described in your query are typical of influenza (viral infection of the respiratory tract). It does not require any specific treatment.
  • There is no need of antibiotics as they are ineffective in this condition. You have to take painkillers only to control high temperature and pain.
  • I would suggest you Ibuprofen 400 mg for every six hours, since it has anti-inflammatory effects too. Meanwhile, cold compresses on your forehead and arms and warm baths would help to lower the temperature.
  • Take a lot of liquids to prevent dehydration and also control temperature. Vitamin C would help you to ease recovery and strengthen your immunity.
  • Have light meals, soups, vegetables and fruits. Rest in bed until you feel better. This condition may last for three to four days.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|