Q. How can I get relief from inguinal hernia without surgery?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I am a 30-year-old male. I am suffering from right inguinal hernia for the past two months. I have consulted a doctor, and he asked me to go for surgery. Is it possible to cure an inguinal hernia without surgery?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Inguinal hernias generally are of two types: Strangulated and non-strangulated. Nonstrangulated are simple as currently, you have. So if you do not undergo surgery, it can be converted to strangulated and complicated one. The hernia is due to muscle weakness, so better you should undergo surgery, they will apply for mash work and strengthen the muscles. Avoid heavy exercise, and work out.

| 

I am worried about the surgery. Without surgery is there any other option?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

It may persist similar if you have no complication. Just avoid any strain. Abdominal stockings can be used, for some time, but you need a regular follow up with the doctor, do not do any heavy exercise.

|