Inguinal Hernia

How to reduce pain due to inguinal hernia for a month?

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18-year-old boy. I have an inborn inguinal hernia. It has not given much pain before as it is giving now. When I lay down for more than two hours, it starts hurting and I am unable to sleep anymore. The pain gets extended from the lower abdomen and pelvic region to the upper portio...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your pain related to hernia needs thorough examination. If there are no complications seen during physical examination and ultrasound, then you can do surgery after a month. If there are any complications, then you need immediate surgery. For now, you can do TRUS (t...  Read Full »

How to manage an inguinal hernia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a hernia on the right side under the thigh, which is swollen and painful. The doctor suggested an operation. So please tell me what kind of operation is the best? What kind of surgery should he go for, either for laser or cesarean? I have mesh; is it fine or not? Please tell me whi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two methods to approach the management of inguinal hernia. The one is open, and another is laparoscopic. I wonder if you mean by Caesarean as open and laser for the latter. Of course, the laparoscopic is the best one, since you would be able to move around...  Read Full »

How is an inguinal hernia treated in a 3-month-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My colleague’s son, who is 3 months old, has been diagnosed with an inguinal hernia on the right groin. Hence, I would appreciate your feedback and let us know if a surgery is immediately required or not. If the surgery is not required urgently, please advise when this would be requir...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the child's history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is advisable to get surgery at the earliest. Though it is not very urgent, as there can be strangulation in the near future, it is advisable to get it done at the earl...  Read Full »

Swelling above penis has got reduced after urination. What is the problem?

Query: Hello doctor,My father had stepped over the stone in the backyard and had got edema in legs. We consulted an ortho doctor. He gave him Chymoral forte. After having it, my father got swelling in the area above the penis. The swelling gets less after he goes to urinate.Doctor has given add protein sup...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father has swelling above the penis which is reduced after passing urine. Recently he took Chymoral forte. No urinary issues like dribbling or thinning of stream. Alright, I actually appreciate if I could see the picture of the swelling. But swelling above penis i...  Read Full »

Why do I get dull testicular pain while standing for a while?

Query: Hello doctor, My left testicle has a dull ache when I stand for a period of time. I can also see an enlarged vein on my testicle. It goes away when I sit or lay down for a little bit. I will attach a picture of the vein.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think it is a hernia. Kindly give some other details. Do it have cough impulse (it means the swelling expands upon coughing, it is said to have a cough impulse). Can you get over the swelling? (this means when swelling is there are you able to pinch your spermatic ...  Read Full »

Is there a treatment for inguinal hernia in Ayurveda?

Query: Hello doctor, I have inguinal hernias on both sides of my stomach. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See the main cause of an inguinal hernia is a weak abdominal wall. Here due to the weak abdominal wall, the intestinal part usually comes down. This is an anatomical defect, which usually requires surgery. The symptoms may increase while coughin...  Read Full »

How to correct inguinal hernia in a 4-weeks-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 4 weeks old baby boy. He was healthy without any pain or colics. But yesterday I noticed a swelling in his inguinal area, I went to the hospital, and the doctor said he had left inguinal hernia. But it is not bad. The problem is he is not taking feed regularly, and when I try...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the way that you are describing, it looks like this is your first baby. Please note that the weight of your baby is perfect, and all the phenomena that you described are completely normal at this age group. But the hernia is definitely a concern. It is probably...  Read Full »

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your pain. The most important condition to exclude when a testicle becomes high-riding with associated pain would be testicular torsion (twisting and occlusion of blood supply to testicle). Torsion is however incredibly rare in older males and occ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain after inguinal hernia and hydocele operation?

Query: Hi doctor, After suffering with groin pain, I had a double operation 12 weeks ago. During the operation, I had a repair of left side inguinal hernia and right hand hydrocele. I am now in more pain than I was before the operation. My testicle thorns with pain constantly and I have stabbing pain on h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, ideally if you have bilateral inguinal hernia, or inguinaĺ hernia on one side and hydrocele on the other, the surgery should be done for one first before the other, not simultaneously so that when you are fully recovered of one, then the other can be planned and ...  Read Full »

What Medicines Can Treat My Left-Sided Groin Pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have left-sided pain in waist and groin region. I was already consulting a urologist and was told that I have an inguinal hernia. But, symptoms of groin pain are due to pancreatic irritation. I have noticed that pain sometimes occurs in different regions and there is bloating in my ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of groin pain while sitting or during bowel movements is likely due to an inguinal hernia. The pancreatic irritation is unlikely to cause such a pain. It causes periumbilical pain and also there is no cause for it. Now, next is there a hernia or not i...  Read Full »