Inguinal Hernia

Swelling above penis has got reduced after urination. What is the problem?

Query: Hello doctor,My father had stepped over the stone in the backyard and had got edema in legs. We consulted an ortho doctor. He gave him Chymoral forte. After having it, my father got swelling in the area above the penis. The swelling gets less after he goes to urinate.Doctor has given add protein sup...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father has swelling above the penis which is reduced after passing urine. Recently he took Chymoral forte. No urinary issues like dribbling or thinning of stream. Alright, I actually appreciate if I could see the picture of the swelling. But swelling above penis i...  Read Full »

How to reduce pain due to inguinal hernia for a month?

Query: Hi sir, I'm an 18 year old boy. I have an inborn inguinal hernia. But till now it hasn't given me that much pain as it is giving right now. If I lay down for more than 2 hours then it starts hurting and I can't sleep anymore. The pain extends from lower abdomen, pelvic region to some upper port...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello Your complaints of pain related to the hernia needs to be examined . If there is no complications within the herni In normal circumstances I would suggest all hernia should be operated but since you are having exams you can delay the surgery given that on physical examination and ultrasound y...  Read Full »

Why do I get dull testicular pain while standing for a while?

Query: Hello doctor, My left testicle has a dull ache when I stand for a period of time. I can also see an enlarged vein on my testicle. It goes away when I sit or lay down for a little bit. I will attach a picture of the vein.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think it is a hernia. Kindly give some other details. Do it have cough impulse (it means the swelling expands upon coughing, it is said to have a cough impulse). Can you get over the swelling? (this means when swelling is there are you able to pinch your spermatic ...  Read Full »

Is there a treatment for inguinal hernia in Ayurveda?

Query: Hello doctor, I have inguinal hernias on both sides of my stomach. Which is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See the main cause of an inguinal hernia is a weak abdominal wall. Here due to the weak abdominal wall, the intestinal part usually comes down. This is an anatomical defect, which usually requires surgery. The symptoms may increase while coughin...  Read Full »

How to correct inguinal hernia in a 4-weeks-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 4 weeks old baby boy. He was healthy without any pain or colics. But yesterday I noticed a swelling in his inguinal area, I went to the hospital, and the doctor said he had left inguinal hernia. But it is not bad. The problem is he is not taking feed regularly, and when I try...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the way that you are describing, it looks like this is your first baby. Please note that the weight of your baby is perfect, and all the phenomena that you described are completely normal at this age group. But the hernia is definitely a concern. It is probably...  Read Full »

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your pain. The most important condition to exclude when a testicle becomes high-riding with associated pain would be testicular torsion (twisting and occlusion of blood supply to testicle). Torsion is however incredibly rare in older males and occ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain after inguinal hernia and hydocele operation?

Query: Hi doctor, After suffering with groin pain, I had a double operation 12 weeks ago. During the operation, I had a repair of left side inguinal hernia and right hand hydrocele. I am now in more pain than I was before the operation. My testicle thorns with pain constantly and I have stabbing pain on h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, ideally if you have bilateral inguinal hernia, or inguinaĺ hernia on one side and hydrocele on the other, the surgery should be done for one first before the other, not simultaneously so that when you are fully recovered of one, then the other can be planned and ...  Read Full »

What Medicines Can Treat My Left-Sided Groin Pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have left-sided pain in waist and groin region. I was already consulting a urologist and was told that I have an inguinal hernia. But, symptoms of groin pain are due to pancreatic irritation. I have noticed that pain sometimes occurs in different regions and there is bloating in my ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of groin pain while sitting or during bowel movements is likely due to an inguinal hernia. The pancreatic irritation is unlikely to cause such a pain. It causes periumbilical pain and also there is no cause for it. Now, next is there a hernia or not i...  Read Full »

What is the treatment other than surgery for inguinal hernia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I am suffering from right inguinal hernia for the past two months. I have consulted a doctor, and he asked me to go for surgery. Is it possible to cure an inguinal hernia without surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Inguinal hernias generally are of two types: Strangulated and non-strangulated. Nonstrangulated are simple as currently, you have. So if you do not undergo surgery, it can be converted to strangulated and complicated one. The hernia is due to muscle weakness, so bett...  Read Full »

What type of pain and side effects should I expect from neurectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having an inguinal mesh removal and triple neurectomy 20 days later. What type of pain and side effects should I expect from the neurectomy?  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that this type of neurectomy is usually used to treat chronic resistant pain in the groin area (inguinal region) due to inguinal herniation. So, it is supposed that your situation will improve, and you will experience only ...  Read Full »