Q. What is the remedy for swelling that developed after 10 days of injection?

Image: What is the remedy for swelling that developed after 10 days of injection?

This query is for my relative. She is 51 years old. Her height is 5'1" and weight is 65 kg. She had an injection before 25 days in her buttocks. We do not know the medicine name. She had an issue of excessive menstruation and she consulted our family doctor and had the injection. Now she is under hormone tablets. She is also taking half tablet daily at night for depression. At the injection site, she developed a swelling after 10 days of injection. As per doctor's advice she gave hot and cold fomentation alternatively. She does not have severe pain in the swelling, but she has pain on touch. Now, it looks like the swelling is pointed and she has mild itching on the swelling. What could this be? How to treat this? We will be able to meet our doctor only after two days. Is it fine? Or this is an emergency? What is the immediate remedy, as of now? Please help.