Q. I have cracked nipple with a mole on my breast and difficulty in breathing. Why?

Dr. Shama Naaz
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2021

I am 15 years old and I have some concerns about my body. My nipple is cracked and inverted in my breast. I do not whether it is normal or it is a sign of cancer. I noticed before some years and it was inverted. But I thought it was normal until I found it uncommon. I have a problem with my skin and I am worried whether I have skin cancer. I have dark areas in my knee and I noticed a mole on my left breast before two years. I am able to breathe through one nostril only. If I lie on one side, my breathing is fine on the other side. When I turn on the other way, I can breathe through the other nostril and I am not able to breathe between both the nostrils through the nose. Please help me to figure out the problem.

#

You have a cracked and inverted nipple. Please mention whether your family members have a history of breast cancer and do you have discharge from the lump in the breast. If it is not there, then you can have nipple eczema and you can apply a moisturizer twice daily. Sometimes moles are present since birth and some moles develop on the body over time. If you are suspicious of getting skin cancer, I suggest you get it checked by a dermatologist. Blocked nostrils are caused due to deviated nasal septum and you need to consult an ear, nose, and throat doctor.

|