Q. Do my insulin values indicate pancreatic cancer?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Insulin or Diabetes? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My lab tests are as follows:

Seven months ago: blood glucose of 105 mg/dl, GTT one hour 160 mg/dl, two hours 118 mg/dl, morning insulin 6.2 μU/ml, HbA1c 5.2 %, A1 6.1 %. This month: BG 110 mg/dl, GTT one hour 184 mg/dl, two hours 115 mg/dl, morning insulin 5.3 μU/ml. Every other blood test within normal ranges. I am male 32 years old 1.86 cm 93 kg 13 to 14 % body fat athletic with healthy nutrition habits. No history of diabetes in the family. Could I be having cancer in pancreas judging from the insulin values you are seeing? I have had many years to do a blood test and with this random one seven months ago. I was told by my doctor that I had to keep monitoring my blood glucose since I could develop diabetes later on, and since I have never had a problem with blood sugar as a kid and no family history of diabetes, I was wondering what might be going on cause insulin levels dropped from my last test and since my diet was pretty much same with healthy choices why is this happening. My doctor for the last seven months kept telling me to calm down and that I do not have anything cause stressing is bad for my blood glucose too. Should I be telling him to get a pancreas MRI done?