iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDiabetologyinsulinMy diabetes is not being controlled with medications. Why?

Is it recommended to use insulin injections over tablets?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At May 30, 2018
Reviewed AtApril 25, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 33 years old. One year back, my HbA1c result was 8.2 %. Then, I started to take medicine Dailyglim M1 for three months and started some workout and took light food. Then, my sugar level came down. Fasting and PP result were in 105 mg/dL and 160 mg/dL range respectively. But, after some time it went bad again and I started to take Dailyglim M2 twice a day since the last two months. One week back, my HbA1c result was 6.7 % and my fasting 105 mg/dL and PP (without tablet) was 180 mg/dL. I consulted a doctor. She told me to take Insulin 10 units two times a day. She said this is better than taking tablets. Please suggest what to do.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand you are hesitant to use Insulin. But what she has said is right. Finally, Insulin is what controls your blood sugars. Since people are hesitant to use it, we usually do not prescribe it as a first-line treatment. Oral medications help the pancreas to produce insulin. So in case, your cells are not producing any insulin at all, they would not be useful. Also, in the future, you would require using Insulin once your cells are exhausted of insulin. Your body is still responding to medicines. So, if you want, you can tell her that you would like to use oral medications and see how your sugar levels turn up. Or else, you can give Insulin a try and see. Regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Krutika Shrikant Ingle
Dr. Krutika Shrikant Ingle


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

diabetes medicineinsulin

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy