Q. Why does my 14 year old daughter get angry over small issues?

Dr. Akshay Upadhyay
Published on Jul 04, 2017

My 14 year old daughter has some problems. She is unable to focus on studies, and she replies people without hearing them properly. She gets angry on small issues, and she is addicted to her smartphone. If we take it from her, then she becomes angry. On getting angry, she throws whatever she has in her hand. She does not like to play, and she sleeps most of the time.

Dr. Akshay Upadhyay

#

• There is nothing as such to worry. Children of this age group usually behave like this. This is the growing period of their life. So, you try to be a friend to them.
  • Try to know her problems, console her, and treat her like a friend. Take her out for a picnic and indulge in some activities. If she is not fine, consult a psychiatrist.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Top Five Brain Storming Foods for Children

Article Overview: Good nutrition is very important, especially when it comes to improving the intellectual capacity of your kid. Foods which are rich in omega three fatty acids can help increase the nervous stimulation activity of your child and improve memory and retaining power which is especially needed by children to cope with academics. Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Following are some of the top five brain foods for children. Nuts And Seeds Nuts are a rich source of vitamin E and thiamine which are known to boost memory power in children and prevent cognitive decline. Include a variety of nuts in your kid’s diet like almonds, dates, walnuts, and pista...  Read Article

How can I reduce my depression?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymo...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are in a troubled situation. Having an empty feeling and negative thoughts occurring on an occasional basis are quite reasonable. It does happen to everyone. But having a low opinion, and feeling empty for so long, around seven months is not healthy. It indicates th...  Read Full

What are the side effects of taking Adderall for a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 29 year old boyfriend, who weighs 190 lbs and 6 feet tall, he is a former athlete in college. He was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia through the spinal tab, five years ago. He is now taking Adderall 60 mg a day total, spread over six times, and is using Flumazenil cream, wh...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Idiopathic hypersomnia is a sleep disorder even less common than narcolepsy, a rare sleep disease. The biggest distinguishing characteristics include differences in REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, the absence of cataplexy (a sudden weakness in the muscles while fully co...  Read Full