iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPediatricsiron supplementCan you please suggest medicines for my son that will not interfere with his taste issues?

How to manage taste issues in a child caused by medicines?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 13, 2017
Reviewed AtJune 3, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My 2 and a half year old son had a head injury yesterday which resulted in bleeding and he ended up with five stitches. The bleeding was about 40 to 50 ml. Our local doctor prescribed an Augmentin syrup and an Ibuprofen syrup. But, due to taste issues, he is not taking any medicine, even when mixed with milk or juice. Can you please recommend any other medicine with a better or preferably no taste? Also, please recommend some iron supplement for my baby.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • You can apply a local antibiotic ointment such as T-Bact cream (Mupirocin topical) twice a day for five days and Placentrex (Placenta extracts) cream twice a day for a week. If the wound is not too deep and dirty, a local antibiotic cream alone will suffice. There is no need for oral antibiotics.
  • You can try giving oral medicines with honey.
  • Regarding the iron supplement, you can give syrup Irex or Orofer XT 2.5 ml twice a day.
  • Try to prevent water from coming in contact with the wound.

For further queries consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Preventive measures

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta
Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta

Child Health

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy