Q. I got a bump on the penis after masturbating without lubricant. How to deal with this?

Published on Apr 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2019

I am a 23 year old male and in good health. The last time I was sexually active was over two months ago, and after that, I usually would masturbate two to three times a day with no lubricant. I developed a small bump under the head of my penis. So, I looked up online and it was all HPV and herpes. I was scared but very doubtful it could be those. About a week later, I ended up getting drunk and masturbating pretty hard and for a long period of time and got a few more red bumps within the next couple days. Then, I shaved against the hair since I had hair going all the way up my penis shaft. I had several bumps the next day. The original bump has gone away as well as the other bumps. Now, I just have a bunch of little red, painless bumps around where the hair grows, but they have no hair coming out of them. They only really have slight pain if I squeeze or pick at the area. I hope this is all nothing.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen your query.

From your description, it seems you have developed tractional folliculitis due to excessive masturbation.

You can use topical Mupirocin ointment twice daily and take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three days after consulting your GP or dermatologist.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I have attached a few pictures. Please find them.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, I have seen your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Most of the reddish papules are around hair follicles.Other possibilities are pseudofolliculitis due to irritation caused by tiny hairs.

But it is better to get treated considering it is infected.

I am just glad there is no possibility of STD. Thanks so much.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, it seems there is no possibility of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).

I have red bumps on penis after sex. Is it candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be candidiasis or some allergic reaction. You can apply Miconazole cream locally twice daily for about 10 days and see. If it increases or recurs, see a doctor. Please use a condom until both of you are adequately treated, to prevent cross infection. The pain dur...  Read Full

What are the small flat bumps on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes? I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not going in favour of herpes.It looks like initial stages of penile lichen planus (attachment has been removed to protect patient identity). Herpes genitalis starts with a fluid filled blisters and do not remain for so long. For more information consult a derma...  Read Full

How to treat folliculitis on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor,This is on my penis foreskin. What exactly is this? I had tried squeezing it. Is it folliculitis by any chance? Anything to worry and what is the treatment for this?  Read Full >>

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know a few more details.Is it painful? Did you recently shave or trim your pubic hair? Are you sexually active and did the lesion appear after any sexual conta...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now