Q. How to treat hot water burns in a kid?

Dr. Sandeep Golla
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

My 4-year-old baby spilled extremely hot water on his right feet. The skin became red immediately. I put Aloe vera gel and silver nitrate ointment. It is better now. But, he is suffering from burning and pain. Kindly let me know what are the other medications and other precautions that I should use.

#

You need to start applying Linical (Calamine) lotion every hourly until the burning settles down.

You also need to apply T-Bact (Mupirocin Topical) or Mupi (Mupirocin) or Nadibact Cream (Nadifloxacin Topical) thrice daily after applying the Linical lotion. You can apply any one of the antibiotic creams.

Also, start Opexa Gel (Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Topical and Dimethicone Topical) from the third day. Apply it to the affected areas and leave it overnight to prevent scarring.

He may require oral antibiotics. It is better to consult a dermatologist.

I suggest you try Taxim O syrup (Cefixime) 5 mL twice daily for five days.

I suggest P 250 (Paracetamol) syrup for the relief of painuntil it settles down. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

Meanwhile, you need to plan for a dermatologist consultation for physical examination and assessing the degree of burns.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|