Mupirocin is a topical antibiotic used to treat impetigo, which is a bacterial skin infection caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes. It prevents the bacteria from multiplying.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My foreskin does not retract during intercourse and masturbation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had oral sex three weeks ago. That day also I faced the same issue i.e I was unable to retract or pull back my foreskin completely, it took like three to four days to get to normal. Two days ago I masturbated and again facing the same issue i.e unable to retract the foreskin complet...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The foreskin opening appears to be slightly narrow due to which you are not able to pull up the foreskin easily. This may need some lubrication like KY jelly or coconut oil before pulling u...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for itchy scrotum and cuts at the base of penis?

Query: Hello doctor, First, I went to the doctor for extremely itchy scrotum that felt as if it had cuts in it and red spots on my penis that dry white. My itchy scrotum is now healed but I have got little cuts at the base of my penis and those spots will not go. He gave me scabies cream but I do not know...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I can see few red erosions at the base of the penis. They can be either an irritant reaction to something you have applied over the penis or due to herpes virus infection which ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for itchy bump and rash on the buttock.

Query: Hello doctor, A red rash with white tiny bumpy spot has grown on my buttock. It is very itchy. I guess it is a fungal infection. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Frankly speaking many things look like fungal infection even when they are not. So, it is better you send me photographs and details of your age, duration of problem, etc., to suggest the treatment. Till then do not self-medicate; it does more harm than good. Take care. ...  Read Full »

Could the pink bump on my penis be a wart?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. Four months ago, I noticed strange pink bump of size around 3 x 2 mm on the base of my penis. It does not hurt. Could it be wart?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It is unlikely to get wart at the root of penis. If you can attach a photo of the lesion, then it would be helpful to make a diagnosis. Revert back with the photos to a urologist online -->  Read Full »

What could be the reason for intense redness of skin while scratching or heat exposure?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a dry red small area on my face for years now. I went to my dermatologist and he told me to buy a cream (I do not remember the name). It worked for a while, but after it stopped working. The redness gets redder, when it is hot I sweat on my face or if I scratch it. It does not it...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen the photos. (attahment removed to protect patient identity). It is not clear. I want to know about your age, exact morphology site of rash, any disease present or treatment taken, and diagnosis made for either of the lesions? Please send clear photos of bot...  Read Full »

What causes a soft and tender lump on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, My son has a large, soft lump on the penis, partially covered by pubic hair. It has a blister like appearance, but it is not. He says it is tender to touch. What is this? And should we do anything about it? Also, there does not appear to be any liquid coming from it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your case history and would help you as best as possible to get your son out of the problem that is bothering. I have had several patients with similar complaints during my practice. The description matches that of a bacterial infection, most p...  Read Full »

The skin-colored bumps are getting darker. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I got skin color bumps all over my body which are getting darker after going away. I have attached the photos. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have examined the pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and noted your details. The description matches closely that of superficial folliculitis which is a low grade bacterial infection of the hair follicles and is recurrent in nature. For som...  Read Full »

Why do I get on and off ulcer in my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I have a very small topical cut on my penis where the shaft ends. It does not pain normally but pains on stretching. It happened last month once and went away. Now it recurred while having sex. I am not on any medication.  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please send the good quality photographs of the lesion for better help. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online -->  Read Full »

Is it normal not to have dressing after having a surgery in armpit?

Query: Hello doctor, Due to accident, I have an injury in my arm, and stone has entered in armpit now the stone is taken out, and the doctor has recommended me not to have dressing. If I will not having dressing, then I could lead to infection. Can you please help me what I should do now?   Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it looks like it is still a raw wound, that recently happened and has not got time to heal. It is best to leave such injuries over the skin open with an ointment applied o...  Read Full »

What is the recovery time for the Nesbit procedure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old healthy male. Last month, I had undergone Nesbit plication surgery for congenital penile curvature. The surgery resulted in a deep wound that is not healing properly. I had the same surgery five years ago, and there was no wound at all. Now, it has been a month, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand that you have undergone plication surgery for penile curvature. After examining your wound site, I can tell you it is healing well. It is taking longer as y...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.