Q. What is the maximum iron intake for a man?

Answered by Dr. Shobhit Shah and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Iron Supplement or Iron Defeciency Anemia? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 31 year old male, who is 1.8 m tall, and I weigh 106 kg. I have a problem recently. I went to a dentist for an abscess, and I had blood a bit removed, so I felt a bit weak. And finally some days after, I felt I needed iron supplements. I took one 100 mg and then took another 100 mg. And I took Amoxicillin antibiotic of 125 mg not more like 1 to 2 hours after, as I was under antibiotics. The antibiotics I had were 1000 mg, but I was not taking 1000 mg I took 500 mg or less or rarely 1000 mg for five days. But I took the iron supplement on last day of my antibiotic before having the tooth extraction. I also took another split of 100 mg, but not 100 mg but like 75 mg split into two. What is the maximum iron intake for adult men? What must I do if I took an overdose? Does taking LiverCare help?