Q. What is the maximum iron intake for a man?

Dr. Shobhit Shah

I am a 31 year old male, who is 1.8 m tall, and I weigh 106 kg. I have a problem recently. I went to a dentist for an abscess, and I had blood a bit removed, so I felt a bit weak. And finally some days after, I felt I needed iron supplements. I took one 100 mg and then took another 100 mg. And I took Amoxicillin antibiotic of 125 mg not more like 1 to 2 hours after, as I was under antibiotics. The antibiotics I had were 1000 mg, but I was not taking 1000 mg I took 500 mg or less or rarely 1000 mg for five days. But I took the iron supplement on last day of my antibiotic before having the tooth extraction. I also took another split of 100 mg, but not 100 mg but like 75 mg split into two. What is the maximum iron intake for adult men? What must I do if I took an overdose? Does taking LiverCare help?

#

• To know about iron overload, get serum ferritin and iron levels checked. In iron-deficiency, an elementary iron of 100 to 200 mg per day is advised.
  • In a normal person, daily allowance is hardly 25 mg per day. You just stop your iron supplements and have these tests.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|