Q. I have irregular bleeding. Is it due to I-pill or implantation?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

My last period date was 21st last month. I had unprotected sex on 20th last month and had taken an I-pill within two hours. Since the 6th of this month, I am having irregular bleeding which has been increasing. Is it a side effect of the pill? Is it implantation bleeding? I also have a history of ectopic pregnancy which had happened two and a half years back.

#

Emergency contraceptive pills are hormonal pills that can disturb cycles. Post pills, there could be withdrawal bleed and you can have unscheduled spotting, erratic bleeding, and irregular periods as well.

For your satisfaction, I suggest having serum beta hCG (blood pregnancy test) and then to regulate cycles, you can have combined oral contraceptive pills cyclically for three months.

In case of irregular periods for many months with abnormal hairs growth and sudden weight gain, it is better to have a transvaginal scan and blood sex hormonal tests on day-2 of periods.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|