Q. What is causing fishy vaginal discharge with irregular bleeding?

I went last night to get tested for STD for fishy discharge smell and 20 minutes ago I went to the bathroom and noticed I was bleeding down there, which is weird for me since I just finished a none-day period a week ago. So I am worried if I need to get checked out right away or wait.

#

A fishy smell is indicative of bacterial vaginosis and not yeast infection alone. If not accompanied by curdy white vaginal discharge, pathognomic of vaginal candidiasis. Also bleeding per vaginum on nonmenstrual days can be due to cervical erosions which can be confirmed or evaluated with a per speculum examination and a pap smear.

|