Q. How to find the ovulation in irregular menstrual cycle?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have irregular periods. Should I use ovulation test every day? Also, how to increase cervical mucus? Is it always visible?

#

• No need to check ovulation daily. Just try to regularize your cycle of treatment in a proper way.
  • Let me know the details. An irregular cycle means indirectly you are not ovulating properly or not at all.
  • The mucus produced at the time of ovulation as well as before the cycle.

Revert back with more details to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Irregular means I get periods only after 35 to 40 days from the last day of my previous periods. I take Duphaston tablet and get periods within 5 days of taking it. I have pcos and I am trying for pregnancy now. Gynecologist suggested me to eat Fertomid 50 mcg from the third day of the periods, Normoz and Fopymin every day. For the past five months, we are trying. But, I could not get pregnant. So, I decided to know when I am ovulating. When should I test them with ovulation strip? My last three ovulation cycle lengths are 31, 42 and 41. Please help me.

#

• Ovulation occurs from the day 11 to day 16 of an otherwise regular cycle. But, it is really difficult to predict if the cycles are so long and irregular.
  • The ideal way in your case is to proceed for an ultrasonography diagnosis of ovulation by transvaginal route in the above mentioned period. This is termed as TVS folliculometry and a widely recommended test consisting of three to four days for detecting the ovulation.
  • Even the sonologist could guide you in that particular cycle if she or he does not see any ovulatory sign.
  • However, you can try the kit initially by a rough guide that ovulation usually occurs 14 days prior to menstruation. If your previous cycle was 35 days, then start testing from 17 to 22 days.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|