Q. How to find the ovulation in irregular menstrual cycle?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
Published on Jul 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have irregular periods. Should I use ovulation test every day? Also, how to increase cervical mucus? Is it always visible?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• No need to check ovulation daily. Just try to regularize your cycle of treatment in a proper way.
  • Let me know the details. An irregular cycle means indirectly you are not ovulating properly or not at all.
  • The mucus produced at the time of ovulation as well as before the cycle.

Revert back with more details to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Irregular means I get periods only after 35 to 40 days from the last day of my previous periods. I take Duphaston tablet and get periods within 5 days of taking it. I have pcos and I am trying for pregnancy now. Gynecologist suggested me to eat Fertomid 50 mcg from the third day of the periods, Normoz and Fopymin every day. For the past five months, we are trying. But, I could not get pregnant. So, I decided to know when I am ovulating. When should I test them with ovulation strip? My last three ovulation cycle lengths are 31, 42 and 41. Please help me.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Ovulation occurs from the day 11 to day 16 of an otherwise regular cycle. But, it is really difficult to predict if the cycles are so long and irregular.
  • The ideal way in your case is to proceed for an ultrasonography diagnosis of ovulation by transvaginal route in the above mentioned period. This is termed as TVS folliculometry and a widely recommended test consisting of three to four days for detecting the ovulation.
  • Even the sonologist could guide you in that particular cycle if she or he does not see any ovulatory sign.
  • However, you can try the kit initially by a rough guide that ovulation usually occurs 14 days prior to menstruation. If your previous cycle was 35 days, then start testing from 17 to 22 days.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP) is absolutely safe for her. It does not cause cancer (low dose COCP). Just check the content of COCP which she is taking. If dose of Estrogen (Ethinyl estradiol) is 20 or 30 mcg, she can safely continue the medicine. In fact, COCP...  Read Full

I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst.Is it possible for me to get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I am not yet married. In October 2013, I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst measuring 10cm. The doctor suggested me tablet Ovral-L. But, after that I had aneurysm and could not take those tablets. Now, when I got scanning done 4 days ago, they fo...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are chances for the recurrence of chocolate cyst. Usually the cyst wall is removed while doing cystectomy (removal of the cyst) to decrease the chances of recurrence. For this, you can consult your gynaecologist and take only progesterones or GnRH agoni...  Read Full

How to find the exact date of conception?

Query: Hi doctor, According to my LMP, I was 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and ultrasound showed I was 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant. There was a CRL measurement of 26.96 mm. I had sex on the last day of my periods and then again after 11 days. And, my LMP and ultrasound calculation show two days difference. ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your estimation is correct. There is the least possibility of conceiving on the last day of the period. You must have conceived around the second event. Now, LMP (last menstrual period) and ultrasound time cannot match exactly. Although in your case, it is almost the...  Read Full