Q. What does my CT scan indicate?

Dr. Aida Quka
Published on May 07, 2018

My CT scan impression is as follows: hypodensity seen in right external capsule - infarct. Diffuse cerebral atrophy. Lacunar infarcts in bilateral basal ganglia, corona radiata and centrum semiovale.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

Regarding your concern, I would explain that these CT scan findings indicate repeated small ischemic strokes related to uncontrolled high blood pressure. I would recommend performing a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries to exclude any possible significant narrowing.

In the meantime, Aspirin is the main treatment to prevent further strokes. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

I would recommend physiotherapy and trying to maintain normal blood pressure values (his actual blood pressure values are a little high). Piracetam can help improve his situation after the stroke, as a brain supplement.

Hope you will find this answer helpful.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

How to recover from blood clot in brain?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is in ICU since 48 to 50 hours. Blood clot has formed in vein of the brain. His right side of the body is not functioning. Doctors are saying that he is recovering, but very slowly. Please give your opinion.  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A stroke is an abrupt deprivation of the blood flow to the brain due to a blockage or the rupture of a blood vessel in the brain. Acute ischemic stroke is caused by thrombotic or embolic occlusion of a cerebral artery and is more common than hemorrhagic stroke. In your...  Read Full

Heart Valve Regurgitation

Article Overview: Regurgitation is the backflow of the blood in the opposite direction due to improper closure of the heart valves. This article discusses why it occurs. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

Regurgitation is the backflow of the blood in the opposite direction due to improper closure of the heart valves. There are four types depending on which of the valves are affected. Mitral regurgitation. Aortic regurgitation. Tricuspid regurgitation. Pulmonary regurgitation. Why Does It Occur? I...  Read Article

I had two episodes of high BP and fall. Am I at the risk of stroke?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a stroke two weeks ago. Today morning, when I got up off the table, I nearly fell twice and had trouble speaking. My BP was 220/110 mmHg. They took me to ER and the telemetry unit. I got an MRI with contrast this morning. Am I having a stroke?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. The onset of problems in the early morning, blood pressure in a range which can cause stroke and difficulty in speaking along with two falls point towards the high possibility of stroke. The ...  Read Full