Q. Will Accutane help in acne breakout?

Dr. Chaitra. P
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2021

I am currently on Accutane for adult acne. I am 30 years old and have been on low dose birth control since I was 16. I need to go off the pill, but I am so terrified of the post-pill acne. My skin is finally good after 30 years, and I do not want to go back to dealing with horrible skin. The pill is not necessary for me anymore as I am not having sex. If I stop taking it, will the Accutane help with the breakouts?

#

• If there is no sexual activity, contraceptive pills can be safely withheld.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|