Q. What are those tiny fluid-filled blisters on the arm?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 06, 2020

I am 19 years old. I have clusters of tiny fluid-filled blisters on my right palm, arm and below the neck at backside. These are causing inflammation and painful when touched or pressed. It has rapidly increased in two days and is now spreading to other body parts. In the past, I had psoriasis and has got cured completely. Please suggest.

#

I had gone through all the details posted. Kindly answer some questions.

• For how many days you are having these? Are there only one place you have mentioned or everywhere else?
  • Is there itching at the site of lesions? Did you have any insect bite? Any history of travel to forest or tribal areas?

Based on your symptoms the possibilities are

1. If you are on steroids, then pustular psoriasis is a possibility as you have a history of psoriasis. Pustular psoriasis is a bigger problem than normal psoriasis and there will be a high chance of infection. We need to treat psoriasis and also use high power antibiotics.
  2. Chickenpox.
  3. Reaction to some bite.

I would have been able to further narrow down the differential if I had seen the photos.

Do not burst those blisters with anything, apply Betadine ointment (Povidone-iodine) over the burst ones and you can start tablet Clindatec 300 mg (Clindamycin) twice daily in the morning and night for seven days antibiotic to prevent infection.

Kindly update me with the answers and photos.

Revert back with the photos to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|