Q. What are those tiny fluid-filled blisters on the arm?

Answered by
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 06, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am 19 years old. I have clusters of tiny fluid-filled blisters on my right palm, arm and below the neck at backside. These are causing inflammation and painful when touched or pressed. It has rapidly increased in two days and is now spreading to other body parts. In the past, I had psoriasis and has got cured completely. Please suggest.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I had gone through all the details posted. Kindly answer some questions.

  • For how many days you are having these? Are there only one place you have mentioned or everywhere else?
  • Is there itching at the site of lesions? Did you have any insect bite? Any history of travel to forest or tribal areas?

Based on your symptoms the possibilities are

  1. If you are on steroids, then pustular psoriasis is a possibility as you have a history of psoriasis. Pustular psoriasis is a bigger problem than normal psoriasis and there will be a high chance of infection. We need to treat psoriasis and also use high power antibiotics.
  2. Chickenpox.
  3. Reaction to some bite.

I would have been able to further narrow down the differential if I had seen the photos.

Do not burst those blisters with anything, apply Betadine ointment (Povidone-iodine) over the burst ones and you can start tablet Clindatec 300 mg (Clindamycin) twice daily in the morning and night for seven days antibiotic to prevent infection.

Kindly update me with the answers and photos.

Revert back with the photos to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What can I take for bacterial infection in my gums?

.. can be due to a number of reasons like tooth infection or cavity, abscess, etc. If Clindamycin is not working, I suggest taking Amoxicillin 500 mg twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking...   Read full

Why is there a recurring infected sore with pus on my skin?

Hello doctor, I keep getting quite bad infected sore on my skin like a small pimple with a little pus initially which then gets infected ... These have all cleared up by themselves over about two to three weeks but were red ...   Read full

I have an itchy and swollen rash that leaks straw-colored liquid. Please help.

.. noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is infected eczematous dermatitis (IED). I suggest you take an oral antibiotic like either Amoxycillin 500 mg or Cephalexin 500 mg, thrice daily f...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Sporting Events During the Pandemic
If you are into any sporting event and plan a trip to an outdoor or indoor stadium, or you are an organizer or an athlet...  Read more»
Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?
Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.