Q. Is my IUD the cause for my pain in the lower back and abdomen with on and off vaginal bleeding?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I am having moderate pain in my lower back and abdomen with fatigue. I have had on and off vaginal bleeding since last week. I had Kyleena IUD for two years, but I did not have any discomfort till now. My urine test was completely normal, but the urine culture report showed multiple florae.

Kindly help.

#

I have gone through your report (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity), and it is perfect. I could not find the urine report attached. I request you to share that.

I would request you to try and reduce your weight as it can cause multiple problems.

Kyleena is considered to be one of the best IUD (intrauterine devices) and a great choice. But the problems you are facing would require a physical check-up by your gynecologist to examine the position of your IUD.

Kindly answer me the following;

1) When was your last period?

2) How many days did you bleed?

3) How was the flow?

Kindly do not worry. There is nothing to panic about, and you are perfectly fine.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I did not have a period for the past two years. But during the first three months after IUD insertion, I had constant heavy to light flow. It stopped gradually on its own.

Thanks.

#

For your abdominal pain, fatigue, backache, and unusual vaginal bleeding, I recommend you get tested for pregnancy if you are sexually active. Kindly get a home pregnancy test done with a urine pregnancy test kit with the first urine of the day for an accurate result.

Take care.

|