Q. I had pain in all joints and increased heartbeat after dinner. What could be the problem?

Dr. Amit Arora
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I am a 25-year-old male. Today when I woke up, I felt pain in all joints all over my body. In the evening, about 30 minutes after my dinner, my heart was beating really fast and I counted it was about 104 bpm. Could you please assist me to know what my problem is?

#

I want to ask you a few things. What did you had in supper? Apart from the body ache are you suffering from some other symptoms like loose stools, vomiting, or nausea?

Some time due to vagal irritation of acid in the stomach leads to reflux tachycardia and nothing to be worried, but still, I will advise you to get an ECG (electrocardiogram) done and send it to us.

Till then, I suggest:

Capsule Omeprazole and Domperidone in an empty stomach in the morning for five days.

Tablet Ibuprofen and Paracetamol combination twice daily after meals for two days.

Tablet Propanolol 20 mg (if required) means if you again get a fast heart beat. This medicine is not for regular use. Avoid spicy food.

Do not consume water along with the meal, do not go to bed immediately after meal. Take two to three rounds of walk inside the room and then, take water five to ten minutes after meal. Report back to us with ECG.

|