Q. I had pain in all joints and increased heartbeat after dinner. What could be the problem?

Dr. Amit Arora
Published on Nov 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I am a 25-year-old male. Today when I woke up, I felt pain in all joints all over my body. In the evening, about 30 minutes after my dinner, my heart was beating really fast and I counted it was about 104 bpm. Could you please assist me to know what my problem is?

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiology
#

I want to ask you a few things. What did you had in supper? Apart from the body ache are you suffering from some other symptoms like loose stools, vomiting, or nausea?

Some time due to vagal irritation of acid in the stomach leads to reflux tachycardia and nothing to be worried, but still, I will advise you to get an ECG (electrocardiogram) done and send it to us.

Till then, I suggest:

Capsule Omeprazole and Domperidone in an empty stomach in the morning for five days.

Tablet Ibuprofen and Paracetamol combination twice daily after meals for two days.

Tablet Propanolol 20 mg (if required) means if you again get a fast heart beat. This medicine is not for regular use. Avoid spicy food.

Do not consume water along with the meal, do not go to bed immediately after meal. Take two to three rounds of walk inside the room and then, take water five to ten minutes after meal. Report back to us with ECG.

Why do I have tachycardia and dyspnea at night?

Query: Hi doctor, I have tachycardia, and dyspnea at night. It causes sleep disturbance. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. High tachycardia and dyspnea at night are also called paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea. These are indicators of cardiac disease. Few basic tests of cardiology should be done to rule out coronary artery disease or congestive cardiac failure or arrhythmia. 2 D echocardiogram ...  Read Full

Are heart palpitations, tachycardia and shortness of breath due to mitral valve stenosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations (especially when I lie down or do some physical activity), shortness of breath, tachycardia for the past three months. I am taking Propranolol (20 mg per day) for this. Propranolol is controlling trachycardia a bit. In stress my condition worsens...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be due to anxiety. To exclude any valvular disorder, the cardiologist will auscultate your heart carefully, if he listens any abnormal sound he may advise echo, otherwise no need. Regarding palpitations, better have an ECG done at the time of symptoms or alt...  Read Full

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Your predominant complaint is pain along the axial skeleton. If it is associated with early morning stiffness of the back and if the pain increases with rest, then ankylosing spondylitis needs to be ruled out. If the above features are not pr...  Read Full