Q. My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Published on Jul 30, 2017

I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your assistance.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your query. Your predominant complaint is pain along the axial skeleton.

• If it is associated with early morning stiffness of the back and if the pain increases with rest, then ankylosing spondylitis needs to be ruled out.
  • If the above features are not present, then check for vitamin D level and thyroid function.
  • For the time being, continue the NSAID. You can take Vitamin D supplements as well.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

Can HLA B27 positve male with ankylosing spondylitis affect his children?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years, I had a hip resurfacing surgery eight years back. I am an HLA B27 positive, even my father is also positive. I have joint pain since last fourteen years. Now, I wish to know that, if I marry and have children will this pass on to them? What measures should I take to ens...  Read Full »

What vitamin deficiency causes muscle twitching?

Query: Hi doctor, For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscl...  Read Full »

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

Ask a Rheumatologist Now