Q. My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your assistance.

#

I went through your query. Your predominant complaint is pain along the axial skeleton.

• If it is associated with early morning stiffness of the back and if the pain increases with rest, then ankylosing spondylitis needs to be ruled out.
  • If the above features are not present, then check for vitamin D level and thyroid function.
  • For the time being, continue the NSAID. You can take Vitamin D supplements as well.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

|