Q. I have pain, irritation, and dryness of eyes. Please help me out.

Dr. Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 05, 2019

I am a student, and I stay in a highly polluted area. I got shifted here five months ago. Early in the morning as soon as I wake up for five to ten minutes, my eyes start paining and irritating. Few times it also turns red. Due to this I could not wake up on time and also feel uncomfortable. When I study I feel some dryness in my eyes. Please help me out with some suggestion.

#

By your description, it looks like a condition called vernal keratoconjunctivitis. It is a type of allergic condition. It increases in summer and dusty polluted environment.

I suggest you wash your eyes with cold filter water twice a day. Also, use Pataday eye drops (Olopatadine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) twice a day regularly for as long as you have symptoms.

When itching is severe you can use Moxigram LX (combination of Moxifloxacin and Loteprednol etabonate) eye drops 2 hourly or as frequently as itching occurs.

Can you brief about the eye drop procedure. Also please give some tips to maintain healthy eyes.

#

Use Pataday eye drops- one drop twice daily morning and bedtime. Moxigram LX eye drops, one drop hourly or when you have itching. You can maintain lid hygiene by washing your lids daily with baby shampoo.

| 

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »

Does brain tumor cause headaches and dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having headaches and dizziness for five days. The headache is around my forehead and behind my eyes. I am 30 years old. My aunt has a brain tumor. I am wondering if my headache can be a tumor as well.  Read Full »

Why do my eyes itch?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision gets blurry, especially when I look at green lights at night. I wake up with a blurry vision every day. And at times, my eyes pain and itch. Please help me.  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»