Q. I have pain, irritation, and dryness of eyes. Please help me out.

Dr. Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 05, 2019

I am a student, and I stay in a highly polluted area. I got shifted here five months ago. Early in the morning as soon as I wake up for five to ten minutes, my eyes start paining and irritating. Few times it also turns red. Due to this I could not wake up on time and also feel uncomfortable. When I study I feel some dryness in my eyes. Please help me out with some suggestion.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

By your description, it looks like a condition called vernal keratoconjunctivitis. It is a type of allergic condition. It increases in summer and dusty polluted environment.

I suggest you wash your eyes with cold filter water twice a day. Also, use Pataday eye drops (Olopatadine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) twice a day regularly for as long as you have symptoms.

When itching is severe you can use Moxigram LX (combination of Moxifloxacin and Loteprednol etabonate) eye drops 2 hourly or as frequently as itching occurs.

| 

Can you brief about the eye drop procedure. Also please give some tips to maintain healthy eyes.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Use Pataday eye drops- one drop twice daily morning and bedtime. Moxigram LX eye drops, one drop hourly or when you have itching. You can maintain lid hygiene by washing your lids daily with baby shampoo.

|