Q. What is the success rate of keratoconus operation?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

I wanted to know about my wife's eye condition. Two doctors have said that she has keratoconus and another doctor says no it is not that.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It is very difficult to comment without examining you. Kindly send me your topography reports so that I may study them and guide you.

| 

I have sent the reports.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have seen the reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Topography reports raise suspicion of keratoconus. There are many parameters that are abnormal like steep K is > 50D in the left eye. Moreover, a coloured photo is showing a specific pattern that is suggestive of keratoconus.

I need some more information like age of your wife and does she rub her eyes a lot? I would also suggest you to go for Pentacam test which is the best test to confirm keratoconus.

| 

Doctors are saying that Pentacam test is done already. So I wanted to ask that if we undergo keratoconus operation it will be successful right? As we are worried about the vision. Please suggest.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

You did not send me pentacam reports. If keratoconus is confirmed, then we can do C3R laser (collagen cross linking) to arrest the progression of keratoconus. After six months of laser, the doctor may prescribe you glasses or contact lens. C3R is a safe method to arrest the progression. Please do not worry about the vision.

| 

Please suggest the best treatment option for keratoconus.

Query: Hi doctor, I am diagnosed with keratoconus. My recent report showed K value 49.90, I-S 2.16 D, KISA 244%, and Pachymetry 461.465. My doctor advised me to go for C3R. I would like to know is there any other treatment option for keratoconus?  Read Full »

What do my eye reports reveal and what can be the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I want to discuss my reports with the ophthalmologist. I have uploaded all the copies.  Read Full »

How to improve the chance of pregnancy in case of a semen infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old male, and my wife is 26 years. We have been trying to have a baby for the past seven years. I had a sperm analysis in 2011. My count was 68 m, all the parameters were good except the presence of Proteus spp. bacteria. The doctor injected me with gentamycin once, and...  Read Full »