Ketorolac

What should be done for eye pain and redness due to injury?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's right eye is reddish due to hit by my 3-year-old son while playing. She has reddishness and pain since this morning. I need advice as we could not reach any doctor out here. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a look at the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage from the image, but I would appreciate it if you could send a more clear picture which I can enlarge to confirm. Is her vision n...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen gum near the molar?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have got a swelling in gums near the area of wisdom tooth for the past three days. Now, it is paining a lot. Please prescribe any medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read through your complaint and the relevant details. The swelling of the gums is because of the infection around the erupting wisdom tooth. Also, there will be clogged food particles within the gums in that region. To get rid of the pain, I suggest tablet Ketorol DT (K...  Read Full »

Does dry socket result from smoking 24 hours after tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my lower back tooth pulled out three days back. It took a lot of effort to pull it out, as it was not loose. I have a little pain in that area and in my jaw, and I am terrified that I have or I am getting a dry socket. I am a smoker, and I waited for 24 hours before I smoked afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like a dry socket, but wait for a week, for it to heal. Also, if the pain exceeds more than seven days, then visit a dentist and get an x-ray done. Until then, follow the prescribed medications and quit smoking, as it is not a good habit. Drink lots of water,...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest some medicines to get relief from a severe toothache?

Query: I got a severe toothache which I was already done a root canal treatment I couldn't found any dental care due to corona virus can you please suggest some prescription to get a relief from the pain  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam

Dentist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello, welcome to icliniq. Thank you for sending your query. A tooth, after root canal treatment, should not cause any pain if the treatment is done perfectly. But if not, there might be development of infection below the root of the tooth and cause severe pain. There are other causes of pain like i...  Read Full »

I am sensitive to Morphine. What drug can be used to control post-operative spinal surgery pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am undergoing major spinal deformity surgery next month, anterior and posterior. I am 50 years old and this is my fourth scoliosis surgery. In recent years, I have developed a sensitivity to Morphine and I cannot take Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) because it gives me terrible headaches. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prem

Anesthesiologist, Pain Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your brief history, I can sense that you have already become tolerant to opioids. Once tolerance develops to one group of opioids, simultaneously other opioids also develop the same way. I would suggest the addition of Clonidine, Dexmedetomidine through your spin...  Read Full »

Can Toradol alter creatinine levels?

Query: Hello doctor, If a person with chronic kidney disease with a creatinine of 1.9 and a GFR of 40 receives Toradol 60 mg IM as a single dose, can that lead to acute renal failure? How soon would failure occur after the administration of the medication?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Toradol contains Ketorolac. It is known to cause worsening of kidney functions. But usually what is seen is that, it is the administration for a longer duration which causes the increased probability of renal failure and not a single dose. A famous study reveals that keto...  Read Full »

My eyes get watery when I talk to people or when I am nervous. Why is that happening?

Query: Hello doctor,My eyes get watery when I talk to people or when I am nervous. Why is that happening?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Our autonomic nervous system also controls lacrimation or tearing and for some emotional changes can activate the autonomous system and hence tearing. There is no specific medication for the same. But you can try using mild anti-allergens like Olopatadine or Naphazol...  Read Full »

I have some blister-like bumps on the white of the eye. What are they?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some mild generalized pain in the left eye, which is noticeable when blinking or moving the eye. There appear to be a few small blister-like bumps on the white of the eye. There is some slight yellowing in the area of the bumps, and red irritated looking blood vessels surrounding ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.This seems to be Pinguecula (raised thickening of the conjunctiva). These are small elastotic nodular lesions. They are usually innocuous but may get inflamed occasionally known as pingueculitis.You may require the following medications based on your symptoms. Consult yo...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes twitch after looking at a computer screen for more than 15 minutes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 66 year old male, who has a normal eyesight. Last week while I was watching a film on my laptop, suddenly both my eyelids started twitching (fluttering). After that, whenever I look at a computer for more than 15 minutes, the burning sensation starts. The same is true while I read...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Twitching of the eyelids can happen due to the following reasons:Fatigue following excessive usage.Spontaneous nerve discharge (very common and benign).Irritation of nerves due to vascular pathology and mass effect.Hemifacial spasm.Apart from Refresh tears, you can use a...  Read Full »

How can inflammation of the eye be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye was inflamed and I applied Pred Forte and the inflammation disappeared. I work on the computer a lot. In the past, there has been some redness, but cold compresses have been helpful. The redness is back again now. My eyes always go red after I wake up. I applied s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity) It appears to be episcleritis. I suggest you take a milder medicine but this too has to be tapered and stopped. I suggest you start Tobramycin plus Fluorometholone e...  Read Full »