Q. How to proceed with the kidney cyst of my 10 days old baby?

Dr. Rashi

My 10 days old child has been diagnosed with multiple cysts in his left kidney. His hands get blue and there is a body sensation at times. I have attached the reports here.

Dr. Rashi

General Surgery Paediatric Surgery
#

• First, you have to assess renal functions of both the kidneys separately. It has to be done by DTPA and DMSA SCAN (diethylenetriaminepentacetate and dimercaptosuccinic acid). If the function is nil on the left side, then the further plan of management is to be decided.
  • About blue hands, you have to exclude any congenital cardiac anomaly by echocardiography.
  • At present, baby's renal function tests are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but may deteriorate subsequently. Keep a watch such as whether he is feeding well, passing urine normally or not and follow up accordingly.

For further information consult a paediatric surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatric-surgeon

|