Q. How to proceed with the kidney cyst of my 10 days old baby?

Dr. Rashi
Published on Oct 27, 2016

My 10 days old child has been diagnosed with multiple cysts in his left kidney. His hands get blue and there is a body sensation at times. I have attached the reports here.

Dr. Rashi

General Surgery Paediatric Surgery
#

• First, you have to assess renal functions of both the kidneys separately. It has to be done by DTPA and DMSA SCAN (diethylenetriaminepentacetate and dimercaptosuccinic acid). If the function is nil on the left side, then the further plan of management is to be decided.
  • About blue hands, you have to exclude any congenital cardiac anomaly by echocardiography.
  • At present, baby's renal function tests are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but may deteriorate subsequently. Keep a watch such as whether he is feeding well, passing urine normally or not and follow up accordingly.

For further information consult a paediatric surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatric-surgeon

| 

I am 18 years old and diagnosed with PAPVC. How can I fix it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 18-year-old girl who was diagnosed with a PAPVC defect on the left upper pulmonary vein seven months back and have had symptoms for quite a while like poor circulation, exercise intolerance which seems to get worse even as I gradually try to build up endurance and my current cardi...  Read Full »

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »

How to treat diarrhea in a metastatic carcinoma patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having metastatic carcinoma and went through radiotherapy. Now, she has got severe diarrhea, swelling in face and do not like to eat food. Please help.  Read Full »

Ask a Paediatric Surgeon Now