Q. Please advice on causes of cyst in kidneys and the steps to be taken.

Dr. Ram Naresh Daga

During a health check-up, I got to know that I have a renal cyst on my right kidney. I did a follow-up ultrasound about a month ago and I found that now I have developed a cyst in my left kidney as well over and above the cyst in the right kidney. Which means now I have a cyst in both of my kidneys. These in my analysis have got developed fairly recently. Please advice on the causes of these developments and the next steps. I am a teetotaler and I drink every morning before brushing three glasses of warm water with lemon and honey since many years now. I also am fairly fit for my age since I do basic cardio exercises regularly.

#

You have simple renal cysts. These keep varying in sizes but they are usually of harmless nature except occasional pain. Have you got serum creatinine done? Then please send. At present, you have no reason to get worried about the cysts except occasional pain. Also get ultrasonogram done after six months.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

My key question was related to the causes of these cysts. So that I can take care of those things to ensure they do not increase in number.

#

There is nothing you can do to prevent these cysts as these are pockets of urine collected which do not drain into the main system. Only thing is to prevent UTI (urinary tract infection) if you have recurrent infections.

|